PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seven hurt as QANTAS Flight hit by turbulence
Old 9th Jan 2012, 08:12
2Plus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, the accuracy of media/press reporting in Australia is ridiculously poor, but I reckon nitpicker is on to something. Whilst I'm not for a second blaming those on duty on this fateful night, in fact far from it, having flown with many different airlines, I'll tell you that many Q guys/girls seem to have a reluctance to turn "the signs" on until it get's really rough down the back. A tendency to be reactive, if you will. If it's unanticipated then obviously not much you can do. But why was it unanticipated? Clear air? Because nothing painted? Or because the folks up the front didn't read the sigmet? Or because they "don't think there's much in that?" Again, not suggesting any of the above reasons might've been the case with this recent incident, but I'd be surprised if some incidences of the past (and future?) could've been avoided with just a little more of a conservative attitude.

And before you all jump up and down exclaiming I'm talking rubbish. I'm not, I've flown with 'em. I've seen it.

Doesn't cost anything to be on the safe side and strap 'em in. Food for thought.