PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA Flying...is it safe ?!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 05:57
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Why worry about others, if you're happy that G.A. flying is as safe as any other human activity, for all the reasons given above, and want to do it, go ahead.

More people die in bed than in aeroplanes or on motor-bikes.

if you get a prospective passenger who is nervous, tell them not to bother, stop wasting your time persuading them what they have already decided, they can miss out on the fabulous experience if they are flying just for the fun of it, or take train, or car, or bus, or motor bike.

I'm nervous about bungy-jumping ( for reasons witnessed over the Zambesi near Victoria Falls yesterday ! ) and reckon there is no reason to parachute out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane, so I do neither.

Every time I land my microlight I turn to my passenger and say - " Well, you survived ".

As far as airline flying is concerned I'm reminded of the cartoon I saw of a Priest on his knees, praying, at the bottom of the aircraft steps. The pilot said, "don't worry Father, when your number is up your number is up, there's nothing you can do about it " and the Priest replied " Young Man, I'm not worried about my number coming up, I'm worried about YOUR number coming up "