PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot survives crash into Lake Hume
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2012, 03:31
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so we have an annual renewal fee.

What happens if it is not renewed ?
Obviously letters and reminders would be sent out but would a list of currently registered and un-registered machines be sent through to CASA ?

I am not fully aware of the system in NZ but I think there would be an annual renewal across the board.
Most aircraft would be subject to an Annual Review of Airworthiness where all details are checked by the maintenance guy, (Flight Manual amendments etc) and then the return sent in to CAA.

This certainly applies to certified machines, - homebuilts and gliders will have a minor variation on that.
I am not sure what the micro-light and ultralight fraternity have in place.

The way I am reading this one is that if you are up to date with your subscriptions then you are an RAA member.
It seems strange that if you don't pay then are no longer under their auspices... even though the registration is still on the tail.

Would it not be in RAA's best interest to clamp down on these types. The aircraft fished out of the lake won't be alone. The organisation is loosing the subscription finances and also taking the bad Press, - as indeed we all are here.
Wasn't there an issue with either the licence or the registration of Mr F Wheel also ?

From where I am sitting this is not a good look. At all !!