PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 9th Jan 2012, 02:18
mangowaffles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys! i can understand its really frustrating to not get told but just hang in there and one day you will get your call =)

i went through the same thing and believe me it drove me crazy! i was constantly checking my emails every half hour, even one time i used my work phone to call my mobile to make sure it was working ok!

in the end i got my golden call and will be training with Qantas (MAM) in a few weeks! i tried all the major airlines.. jetstar (got to final interview), virgin (like many of youse, never heard a word from them), emirates (went to open day, didnt get call for an interview) and then Qantas.

Shelbs - it can be frustrating not hearing from them for AD, its just too bad you turned down the last one but im sure they're just overwhelmed with applications, i don't think they blacklisted you or anything. Remember getting to AD is great but once you get to AD there are about 60 applicants there and they cut it down to about 15-20.. getting to that is the hard part!

i never thought i was able to make it through.. im shorter than the minimum height, my complexion is not the clearest, and i don't think im the prettiest girl. but it was my attitude, personality and experience that got me through it. Just remember to keep your head up high and don't think about the negative thoughts.. keep trying and one day they'll see how determined you are and will contact you.. venting out on here wont do anything.

i see that there are a lot of perth people on here. try the new airline airaustralia.com they're desperately looking for cabin crew for perth base (immediate start as stated on their website) its not a major airline and doesnt fly to many destinations, but it'll get your foot in the door atleast... you gotta start somewhere!

good luck to everyone!

and just remember... if you do ever make it to AD.. don't ever say 'cos im a people person and i love to fly' when they ask you why you want to be CC haha

if anyone has any questions (about AD, final interviews, medicals etc) then feel free to ask me =)