PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 17:46
Jumpjim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it, there is a big analogy between a point in the BASSA negotiations with the company and where BALPA are now.

That point was about 6 months in from memory when BA offered to withdraw the threat of Mixed Fleet from the table. Unfortunately, with a total lack of imagination, any attempt at serious negotiation, or offsetting some of the frankly ludicrous legacy agreements that could have been signed away by cabin crew (Early report day?) BASSA decided to stick with the "Just say no" approach.

As a result my partner is now in a declining fleet, with little or no promotion prospects, a reducing destinations list, no ability to increase her part time contract.

The same thing applies to the pilots now.... We are in a position where we either decide to say no and wait for IAG to make the next move which would be BA Express at Heathrow, or try and integrate BMI pilots into the master seniority list, securing their future when frankly they were heading for redundancy. This secures not only BA's position at Heathrow but secures further expansion, while pay protecting BMI entrants under TUPE legislation.

As for Max Angle's quote:

No we don't, or at least I don't. Please vote NO to the proposals.
Please feel free to leave as frankly I don't want to give anything from MY T&C's to support people with your attitude. I like the current proposal about as much as you but we are left with little choice if we want to maintain a vibrant airline with career prospects. If you want to have a crack at working under IAG and see if you maintain your current working conditions, pay and pension under a new LoCo setup then you are most welcome to have a go. You would have no protection under TUPE, no job security etc. I admit your optimism but feel it is VERY misplaced...