PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is life in Nigeria?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 17:07
Gambia-track

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough Place

Nigeria is not for the beginner. I am talking about the Africa experience. There are lots of amazing places and people in Nigeria, but life is different. You have to know someone that is a local and that you can trust with your life, literally. And that simply takes time to develop. Very similar to all developing countries, but Nigeria is in a class of its own. They are very passionate about what they believe and you have to stay away from any direct conversations concerning religion and politics. If you have any prejudice about race or religion simply stay away.

Abuja and Lagos are both overcrowded and crazy busy and everything is dirty. Abuja is very expensive unless you are comfortable with the native foods and people. There is very little outside entertainment except for the bars and the beer, which are both quite good if you maintain your composure.

You have to decide for yourself if a deal is right for you or not. Everyone has their own reasons for liking or despising Africa, me personally I love it. But if you don't keep your wits about you, there will be nothing left when you leave. Protect yourself at all times personally and in business. Be prepared to not get paid what you are promised. If you can live with that, then go for it! Try it out but just be on your toes.