PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Factors: Effects of employment insecurity on aviation safety?
Old 8th Jan 2012, 17:02
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you read the link Brian posted you will actually see this is not correct.

The probable cause was:

The pilot descended below the minimum altitude for the segment of the GPS approach. Factors relating to the accident were low ceilings, rain, and pilot fatigue.
The link I provided does not provide a probable cause.

Once again you demonstrate your usual psychopathic view in your assessment by way of the total lack of empathy for the harassment the pilot was receiving at the hands of the FAA.
She said that in the 72 hours prior to the day of the accident, her husband "was distressed by the FAA harassment."
Oh, and the day before he had the accident there was this
On the evening of December 8, 1999, at 1845 cst, a Cessna 172M, N69LM, owned and operated by the College of the Ozarks and piloted by one of the college's students, was involved in an accident at Ava, Missouri, resulting in minor injuries to 2 passengers. A witness reported that this event was weighing heavily on the pilot's mind.
The toxicology report means nothing. The key word is "may cause". If you knew anything about avmed you would know that thousands of aviators are taking drugs of one sort or another that "may cause drowsiness", along with many other "may cause" effects. It's not up to you to make a presumption that he may have been so affected.
While this may be a good example of commercial pressure it is not a reason to be critical of the FAA enforcing compliance with regulations
No one suggests that the FAA should not be doing their job. But harassment of an individual is not how you go about enforcement, and the FAA has plenty of form in this regard, ask Bob Hoover for one.

That he should not have done the flight is a given, but that is with 20/20 hindsight. It may escape your notice, sitting as you do in your ivory tower, that pilots are fallible human beings of flesh and blood. Your continued mantra of "it's the pilots fault" whenever an incident/accident takes place displays a complete and total lack of knowledge of accident causation. Google Reason+swiss cheese. Oh, I forgot your a safety expert, and an expert on international freight operations if I recall your claim on the Dubai 747 accident.

I see you've moved from the Hague, voluntary, forced or never was? Or was the address a display of psychopathic grandiosity, as with your moniker.