PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in the North-West - Options?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 16:46
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, so the 2 Grobs at EGCB are indeed the only 2 north west ones?
SSG- Very possibly, but being based in Lincolnshire, I wouldn't know about the NW...my flying activities have not taken me further than Lincs and Notts at the moment

My point about spare parts is one of avalability......

I have no doubt that Grob could supply most of the parts for their aircraft in the same short order but this would require the use of FEDEX, UPS, DHL or the like, that can turn a 5 Euro part into a 50 Euro part if you want it overnight. This is more of a problem with European light aircraft as they tend to use Metric Nuts & Bolts Etc that is non standard from an Aerospace point of view.

So the result of this is the Grob operator is more likely to have an aircraft on the ground awaiting parts than the operator of an American aircraft Or having to charge the rate that takes into account the use of overnight frieght companys.
Hmmm, I see what you mean A and C, and that could be an issue - I guess it depends how long you are willing to have an aircraft u/s in the Hangar for, how many aircraft the club/school has, and how many students the organisation has too.