PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is life in Nigeria?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 16:30
Hussar 54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GIVAT....

There have been quite a few similar questions here on pprune over the years....Suggest you do a search....

If you're desperate / unemployed / need to make some money quickly, then Nigeria is an option to consider - but think very, very, very carefully and then check everything about your employer and contract very, very, very, very carefully....

I've been here on-and-off almost seven years but I don't live here and never would, although I do know some Europeans who have been here almost 15 years or more....For me, it's just our base and I never spend even 20 minutes here more than I need to....

Trying to live in Lagos is just about as bad as it gets anywhere in the world that I've visited for work or pleasure.....Abuja, on the other hand, can be tolerable if you're provided with good hotac or good standard ex-pat acommodation in the diplomatic area around Asokoro....

And bank account ?? Absolutely not - you need to be paid offshore and live on cash advances from your employer !! And don't, under any circumstances, sign a local contract with anyone and not even with with a Nigerian owned company registered outside of Nigeria....Not ALL Nigerians can't be trusted, but honesty is something not really applicable to a huge percentage of ALL the nationalities doing business here as contacts + dash = whatever is needed....

Good luck - down here you need it way above ability, enthusiasm, etc, etc....