PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 16:15
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20% growth over the past year is fantastic, I remember when we were predicting early last year that it might just be under the 400k mark but it's beat our expectations!

Regarding this year, I can't see any new routes domestically, I think we'll just have to put our hopes on increased rotations. Glad the capacity increases on LPL over the winter were there and probably provided more seats than if rotations remained the same and MAN was still operating.

Regarding LGW, I'd like to see FR go completely double daily on Stansted first. Perhaps that might finally happen this year (as for the summer, Wed and Thurs flights are scheduled late evening and Sat early morning), so could be done, but who knows. It's a shame the runway wasn't slightly longer so Canary routes could operate completely unrestricted, but it's the same story to different extents across the Island... BHD, DUB, ORK etc. I hope we do see another sun route if TFS remains unbookable.

Finally, with regards to BE, I don't know what they're at! MAN had developed over the months and was stronger LF-wise than many other routes they operated including from NOC, yet they developed the market, left it, and let FR realise extra capacity. By now they should have been operating EDI, MAN and perhaps LGW from LDY, but alas no, we won't see them for another decade probably. I hope in the year ahead we see a lot of frequency increases and should 2013 provide new routes, I hope they're sustainable afterwards!