PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spitting on a Soldier's Grave
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2012, 15:03
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you cannot see the point that Franco had the support of Hitler and Mussolini as well as receiving equipment etc against his people. Yet even that tyrant was not insensitive enough to offer condolences towards Hitler or the German people Only 1 leader in the WORLD did where was Sweden/Switzerlands condolences etc ?

Ireland was that neutral that post war they gladly signed up to the Marshal Plan and put their hand out to the Americans offer of cash to help rebuild Europe (something they are still particularly good at doing today )

It is also telling that on the 26th January 2003 Irish Justice Minister Michael McDowell openly apologized for Irish wartime policy that was inspired by "a culture of muted antisemitism in Ireland,"

It is also funny that famous Poet/journalist/broadcaster Sir John Betjeman, while working in Dublin during the war stated with regard to the Irish people that they are: " either anti-British, pro Irish and pro-German, the Irish papers are all anti-British…and the best-selling writers are pro-German".

Let's face it, EIRE was lower than a snakes belly during WWII where the British were concerned.

I presume you have some link to EIRE Racedo that is maybe clouding any sort of objectivity it's getting boring so I'm at my Bingo on this bye !
Given your whole remit has been to ignore the subject matter and continue on a rant about your hatred of Ireland I don't see you moving on as losing anything on this thread.

If you had actually bothered to read up on the history of the period both readily available from both sides it would open your eyes but I see that not happening.