PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2012, 22:55
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not in the slightest bit bitter old chap - I made my decision and am quite content. There is no "short term liberation" on PVRing, just a sense of "well, that's that. Best I find a job".

I also certainly didn't intend to "dig" at you any more than you intended to suggest that my dear old dad was a ranting old Daily Mail reader My original comments were colossally tongue in cheek and were intended to infer that my family's lengthy involvement in the RAF were in some way the cause of all it's ills

I am however under no illusion that everything in the great outdoors is going to be rainbows and sunshine. Far from it. Please credit me with some intelligence. The prospect of flying civvy bores me hugely. What it does offer though is the ability to stop caring about yet more trips and exercises being cancelled, crews not getting enough training or the latest bit of vital kit being delayed yet another 6 months.

Go to work, get paid, go home is fine with me. Dull but fine.

Slight sadness to be leaving a job I loved and thought I'd do forever but not bitter at anyone or anything. When I signed on to PAS I said I'd stay in until I stopped enjoying it; when I stopped enjoying it (in a train-into-the-buffers sort of way!) I resigned. Simple enough.

Ultimately though I worked with some great people, went to some exotic places, did some cool **** and generally had a blast. And got sent home from a war. Brilliant