PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2012, 21:53
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
Stoppers, the sheer Groundhog Day monotony of supporting the legacy of Bliar's worthless military adventurism must be a key push factor for even the most avid reader of 'King and Country'....

Back in the days when I was teaching you 'aerobation', a whole variety of military aviation roles was available to the brave young aviator / aviatrix. Surprisingly, I found 3 years of child abuse at a UAS to be quite fun, thanks to the people we trained - but even that's gone now. I had an e-mail from a TriShaw mate yesterday who's finally banging out to fly for Sir Dickie B's lot. Five years of nothing but flogging back and forth to the North West Frontier was the final straw....the days of Calgary etc. seemed a distant memory. Who can blame him? It seems that, these days, some of the RAF's AT captains have never even operated across the Atlantic...

As for what RW people will consider to be a 'rewarding career' once the UK is no longer licking Spam bottom in support of invading other peoples' countries, I cannot really imagine.

By the way, how goes 't clog and whippet language course? Can you recite Albert and 't Lion without error yet?