PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 7th Jan 2012, 18:28
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
studi,

I think we'll have to agree to disagree with respect to a position of IA in BA. The simple fact is that whilst DLH was buying up every basket case airline in Europe, BA was going bust with share prices dropping to £1.05 and the prospect of a hostile takeover if it dipped below £1.

Why hasn't BALPA taken the hard line stance? Simply, from my perspective, not necessarily from others but the expansion potential for BA has always been curtailed out of Heathrow, the regulatory body always against it and the pressures on the £ generally being on the bad side of difficult.

The trading positions, slot ownership levels and regulatory freedom between the two carriers is wildly different. We would all dearly love to have everything we had back in the 80's when I started but, in the UK at least, hard stance IA would have had us back at the job centre re-applying to a new AOC airline.

As I said before, I don't see either of your scenarios playing out at 'Lago North' as you like to call it. I think we are just arguning around in circles and leading the thread off track.