PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 7th Jan 2012, 17:45
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think what Studi is trying very patiently to tell you all is that Lufthansa and its union had the organisational skill and the balls to take action against any reduction in their Terms and Conditions.

BACC and BALPA over the years have allowed, and agreed, a reduction from APS, through NAPS1, NAPS2, BARP and now what?

Now, Little Willy has got you all over a barrel for he knows you won't fight back.

After all, he even persuaded BACC and BALPA to let BA pilots run up and down the cabin serving drinks in order to beat a cabin staff dispute not so long ago. (I most certainly would not have done that).

I learned a long time ago in my "union" career that, if you don't have a dog in the fight, stay out of it. If you do have a dog in the fight then you absolutely have to play hard ball with management otherwise they will take you to the cleaners.

Lufthansa pilots obviously have the ability to see into the future.

Can you just imagine a LH pilot acting as cabin staff in order to break a strike?

As I predicted, not one single BA pilot will give up what he already has. It's called " you Jack, I'm all right".

Sorry to say it, but that is the way it is going to work out.