PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 7th Jan 2012, 17:24
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
studi, I think you should pay attention Wirbelsturn and Super Stall. The vote, for BA pilots, is for the lessor of two evils. There will be no fight coming from what is left of bmi. Their employees are under no disillusion here. bmi was a failed entity under the LH umbrella. The only saving grace was that it held something of great value to IAG. Hypothetically speaking, if no one agreed to bmi's purchase, what would LH have done with it? Would they continually accept the fact that it would never make any money for them? Bmi resides in a market that the Great Houdini himself couldn't transform in the favours of LH. The airline would have been run down, everyone would have been made redundant and everything else asset stripped. I'm not sure how the slots at LHR would have been distributed, I have no clue; however IAG obviously weren't prepared to take that risk.

The fact that the bmi pilots will be integrated, the fact that BA SH isn't performing, the fact that APD will be raised again, the fact that the retirement age has risen, the fact that Europe is on its arse and the fact that IA gains absolutely no public empathy at the moment is all in WW's favour. As already stated the vote on the 24 point pay scale and current productivity rates was an inevitability. All of the above has only accelerated his. WW is just being a clever and has seized his opportunity.