PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 7th Jan 2012, 16:30
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're living in a dream world. BMI has just been through the wringer, their pilots haven't had stable rosters for years and they haven't known their future for years either.

They have been the ball in a huge game of piggy in the middle and they are now coming out of it to go on strike?

Get real, how long have you been in this industry? Hi Wing came out of CTC in 2003 so is in his first full recession and already harping on about how we all should go on strike to support his future terms and conditions and we're all spineless if we don't. My thoughts are that if that is your view you're welcome to it but don't bother trying to come and work for the same company I fly for. I've seen a fair few more recessions than you and I can tell you that, historically, T's & C's have always been reduced. I don't mind fighting for a worthy cause but to prevent new joiners having to accept 34 pay points whilst the retirement age goes up to 65 isn't one I'm willing to risk my job over. When you are in my position then you'll more than likely be the same.

There will be no IA, no strike, no vote as there is nothing to strike over.

BMI will not strike as IAG could just wind the company up and re-allocate the slots, leasing them out to other airlines until IAG is in the position to use them again.

Instead of you're blinkered view of what is right and what is wrong perhaps you need to look at the greater, wider view of the mess the industry is in before demanding that 3000 pilots jump on the Union bandwagon to protect you.

Not going to happen.

I see an acceptance of the terms and the amalgamation of BMI into BA. End of story, welcome to the new joiners. If you don't like it or disagree with the result, find a job elsewhere. I've heard Emirates are really open to Unionistic mantra.