PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Oman Air CEO. Post your rumours here!
Old 7th Jan 2012, 13:45
keep_smiling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oman Air Appoints New Chief Executive Officer

***** Muscat, Jan 7 (ONA)- The Board of Directors of Oman Air has officially announced the appointment of Wayne Pearce as the Chief Executive Officer in place of Ex Oman Air CEO* Peter Hill.*

***** Announcing the appointment, Oman Air's Chairman, Darwish bin Ismaiel al-Balushi, Board Chairman the Oman Air said: ". We are confident that his experience and expertise will enable the airline to reach even greater heights of excellence and confirm it as one of the leading airlines in the region and beyond."**

**** On his part Pearce said "I am delighted to be taking up this important role as Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air. I look forward to helping the company both prosper and grow, as well as playing a strong role in the development of Oman's travel and tourism industry.*

**** He pointed out that Oman Air has achieved enormous progress in recent years and has emerged as one of the world's leading luxury airlines. It will be a pleasure to work with Oman Air's Board of Directors and talented and committed staff of the company to build on that position and ensure that Oman Air is recognised as the world-class carrier of choice for travel to and from Oman.

**** Pearce joins Oman Air after he held several senior executive positions in Qantas and other airlines in the region.* Pearce worked also for the Gold Medal Travel in the UK.*

----Ends/ MS/FS*