PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merpati Nusantara Airlines
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2012, 09:36
PlanetEarth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's amazing how many people are turning a blind eye to all the warnings in this thread. Are you just ignoring them, or are you not reading properly.

Merpati airlines, aka "hati-hati Merpati" (google translate it) is probably the worst airline I can ever think of, and one that I would NEVER ever fly with as a pax, even for free and hell no, not as a pilot either. Even if they paid for my type rating and gave me 200k a year.

This airline is death incarnate, and I have not seen so many scary and frightening things as what the Merpati crews do in their flying.

I fly in the skies of Indonesia every day, and we sure give Merpati a wide berth.
Their CRM is non-existant, good luck with getting the captain to understand what you're saying, or to heed your warnings.
They regularly go in extremely bad weather, and approach VFR only runways (no navaids) in amazing feats of scud running near zero visibility and low ceilings.

Ask yourself this, is your pursuit for a job worth your life? Is your pursuit for a job worth the risk you put on yourself, and your family?

I would think two, three or four times before having anything to do with this airline.