PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LION AIR(Merged 2011 - 12)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2012, 04:03
JAMUP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lion Air + 500 hrs + 1 Year

its nice to read lots of views on this subject. I am a Low hours pilot waiting for an opportunity like this but after seeing the new Contract i realized its not going to happened. I was in the middle of deciding whether to do the Flight instructor rating or to save more and join this program. Now with the prices going up from USD 28000 to 39000 for Line training I may have to see another avenue or Give up aviation since I am already in my Mid 30 s.

I am one of those who always looking for first hand experience. so I rung the CEO in USA at Eagle and got confirmed the rumor that Lions Contract was cancelled d with Eagle ( there was thread somewhere here ) then the CEO s answer was that he has worked with Lion for 17 years and this is non other than damaging their link with by another few competitors.

now I am constantly in touch with a batch mate of mine currently doing the 500 Line training waiting to get the work permit cleared from them at Lion. mind you he has to spend almost a month doing nothing once he came to Jakarta until he could get the SIM ride booked and failed the check ride . Both of them have done the EU Type rating but came though Eagle. so its not the flying that matters , its the waiting time. and time is money where yo have spend your savings towards housing, food until you get checked out after 500 hrs, mind you there are 7 ratings to get before you join the Company as well. So even before you start your Line training you may have spent close to USD 60,000 which is something that I have to think over and over again.

I am still in touch with him and even though he has signed a contract they are waiting for Work Permits, then again after Lion s order of 150 + B 737 order , my only hope is the Asian region for future Jobs as low timers.
Now since My friend who is on line with Lion does not know anything about the new Eagle jet contract of 4 years ( he doesnt wnat to kow since he is now with Lion ) can somebody please tell me the truth about leaving early before 4 years and the amount you have to pay ? has anybody here negotiated the one year deal from the 4 year deal, can we have that option?