PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 7th Jan 2012, 00:43
ALLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happens if the competition authority block the BMI merger. I presume this is unlikely but what if it does happen. Will pp34 come in, will the annual leave concessions take effect.

I reckon they will, well of course they will because your going to agree to it by march where as the merger will potentially take years. I hope Balpa will protect you from the cuts that your accepting on the basis BMI is merged.....surely a clause will be added??

Is there another union option for new joiners? So far I am not impressed with balpa(I am open to change but I need persuading).

Just a wild question in reference to the hold poolers please don't attack.. We know we have no right to complain about something we don't have and we know we may never fly for BA. Take us as a group In itself. I'm not sure but I believe there's around 140 of us, just because of luck some of us have gotten this A scale irrelevant of join date to the group. Right type rating right time. Life's a bitch, I know......you don't have to tell me I'm a big boy. Its not as clear cut as someone who hasn't applied or completed the selection, the decision is much easier. We applied expecting pp24. We passed when pp24 existed, just because we weren't picked due to random fleet requirements we get a lesser contract. Of course we will probably accept, it's a long and hard road to get into the pool, we won't step out that easily. Long shot I know but does anyone care....Balpa do you care??? You might get my money for the next 34 years...otherwise I'm certainly looking at other options....