PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus trepidation... convince me otherwise!
Old 7th Jan 2012, 00:11
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A and C
No need for trepidation the bus can be treated more or less like any other aircraft, most of the peope who have been bitten by the bus simply failed to disengage ALL the automatics and take full manual control of the aircraft.

If you want an easy life then as long as you fall in love with the FMC you will like the bus, what it won't do as well as the Boeing is ride turbulence or crosswinds.

I personally prefer the Boeing but this is just a matter of taste, others on this forum will no doubt disagree......but at the end of the day I prefer to be connected to the controls with a large steel cable rather than a bunch of wiggly amps !
How do you "take full manual control" of the stab trim?

Seriously, all of this "the bus can be treated more or less like any other aircraft" is getting old. It isn't any other aircraft and Airbus pilots need to recognize such. Not that it's bad, it isn't; in it's own way it works very well but it demands techniques not demanded by other aircraft and that fact needs to be both understood and trained for. Bad grammar, I know, sorry.