PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 6th Jan 2012, 21:56
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypothetically, had BA not bought bmi - lets say, Branson won the bid - would WW be imposing the new T&C's on the BA pilots?

There is no question that BA will remain an aspiration for many UK pilots regardless of these changes - just look around and see what else is available in the UK, but this is rampant opportunism being exploited by WW...egged on by MOL perhaps?

For SuperStall to suggest studi doesn't understand the issues is crass... The UK could learn alot from the Germans and BALPA alot from the Vereinigung it seems!

If BA SH performance is as dire as suggested, the matter should have been dealt with before WW was able to get his IAG gun out and put it to everyone's head. If the collective had waived their accumulated right to holiday pay, given up a day or 2 of leave, accepted a 5% increase in productivity 6 months ago, perhaps PP34 could have been averted?

It seems quite obvious to me BALPA is still reeling from the OpenSkies fiasco, and, looking from the outside in, I reckon a trick has been missed here. The more complicated your business, the more agile your representation needs to be. Its not as if the Qantas/Jetstar debacle has been going on behind closed doors.

This isn't a dig at the BA pilots. Likewise, we're all cognizant of the economic chaos going on around us. Its tiresome, unless you've got the skill set of George Soros. But it does seem like this is a fait accompli and the BA pilots are about to roll over and capitulate...which seems so unlike them.

Whatever happens, I sincerely wish you all the best.