PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 6th Jan 2012, 19:55
pre3l2s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been in the hold pool since May last year! I am obviously one of the one's who unfortunately hold a type rating that is not currently required (737).

I understand the frustration that potential joiners and hold poolers feel. My sim partner (320) starts next month on the old PP scale and here's me waiting for a date for a new contract on a possible new PP scale.

I have also seen several guys with 320 ratings overtake me, joining the hold pool several months later but still getting this new contract!

However, this is life - let's stop complaining. I presume most hold poolers currently hold fairly good jobs at the moment and we have a great opportunity ahead of us; possibly not what we expected when we first applied, BUT we still have a job prospect ahead of us.

For all the BA pilots that read this thread, please please, think of the guys and girls who have been the hold pool for 6 months or longer....we applied for BA mainline and we hope to gain a place at BA mainline, despite the job being on a slightly lower pay scale.

Who's to say WW/IAG won't reduce T&C's in the future - no one, but with a unified workforce (BA & bmi pilots along with new joiners) we can work together to produce a more productive BA with the hope of better things including a possible re-evaluation of the pay scales.