PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 6th Jan 2012, 15:41
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without denying that there is a lot of relevance in what is being said here, I will try to redirect conversation back towards those currently residing in the hold pool or awaiting assessment dates. I am sure the information being supplied is of great interest, however many will be asking 'what now?' The last 4 to 5 months hasnt instilled a great deal of confidence to potential DEPs. It appears now that the very best that people can hope for is a 'B' scale salary structure. That's at very best. The merger with bmi, the rise in passenger taxation, the desperate state of the economy and discussions with regards the creation of a company external to mainline leaves more questions for DEP hopefuls. My interpretation is that recent proposals have been made in order to assist in the management of the integration of bmi pilots. This of course is for short term, however the new proposals have many long term consequences. The question with regards to seniority, which may take quite some time to answer, should also be considered. I only mention this in order to incite some opinion from holdpoolers etc. Those hoping to join BA (mainline!!) in 2012. Where does this leave you now? Interested to know your thoughts

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 6th Jan 2012 at 15:56.