PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 09:49
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mister B,
Compared to some of my parishioners I am a teenager but thank you for your kind words

SAM
I see you are dangling your hook into even more radioactive waters and I guess your latest input will stir the pot.

I hear that Iran has just stated they intend holding more Naval exercises in the Strait.

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps plans to conduct its greatest naval wargames in the same region in the near future," Vahidi said Wednesday as he was speaking to reporters about the recent exercises of the Iranian Army's naval force in the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman which ended earlier this week.
By the way the Mossad comment should NOT be taken too literally

The Stennis Battle Group in my opinion has moved out to a safer location but what about the US 5th Fleet, they have made it perfectly clear that they will NOT allow Iran to impose any type of blockade.

Question
If nuclear depth charges were to be used in an attempt to clear mines then:

Would that clear them all?

What about shock waves and the effects to other vessels in the vicinity?

What about all the dozens of oil rigs\wells how will any type of detonation effect them regarding shock waves?

What about electronic equipment on these rigs?

What about contamination and who will foot the bill?

What nation will drop these mini nuclear bombs and then take all the flak because you can bet the media will call them 'bombs' and there will be no praise for the leader that authorises it?

I have NO knowledge of this type of weapon but the very mention of the word 'nuclear' sets off alarm bells.

You used a nuclear weapon on me, so I will use one on you!

Is this the first time you have predicted or mentioned the idea that someone might be using a nuclear weapon in the Middle East?