PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 09:33
Hudini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you add up Spring's total pay including bonuses and divide by 36 it's more like 17k month. That's a big IF because you have to last the whole 3 years to get that money. And a chunk of it is reimbursements only. 2k USD a month for housing/restaurants. 10k USD a year for commuting. They will not pay you without a fa piao or boarding pass.

And the contract has teeth. If you get a serious safety infraction they take 10% of your 12k/year 'safety bonus'. 2 infractions cost you 40%. 3 and you get ZERO. How is that? QAR. Every parameter on every flight is recorded and examined. Capturing the ILS from above and not stable below 1000'? Safety infraction. You got crappy vectors from ATC? Too bad. Taxi too fast? Safety infraction. Now there are levels to these, 1-2-3 with 3 being the worst (at least haven't heard of a 4 yet but there probably is and you get sent straight home like the Korean captain at JuneYao). I haven't heard of anyone losing their bonus yet though. Fingers crossed.

I can say the girls in the foreign pilot's office are sharp and take care of most things. I've been pleased with all my dealings with the company proper. My experience is very limited though so don't take it as gospel.