PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 6th Jan 2012, 09:22
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by studi
Guys, I see your point.

Still, one open item is not clearly understood on my side.

What would BA Express pilots prevent from fighting for higher wages, so to actually make the moving of planes useless for IAG?

BMI can only be a vehicle for IAG if BMI pilots play along.

What if all three IAG pilot groups (BA, IB, BMI) don't settle for less? Then Willy can move planes as he wants, at the end of the day he will not have any profit in it, just the higher cost of an additional AOC. Then you could start to integrate into mainline on the actual T&C.

That is how we did it many times already, and we would never put the new joiners in mainline onto a worse deal. The benchmark and unity had and was defended all the time.
Theoretically yes. However if IAG are careful to only target one group at a time then it's difficult for us to go on strike in support of them as, again, the law tends to emasculate the employee and collective representation.

The other truth which probably needs acknowledging is that there's way way too many people out there willing to fly for a contract far inferior to that on offer from BA. Willy will almost certainly never be short of volunteers to work for his airlines. Tends to weaken the strength of the collective somewhat.

I tend to feel that the rest of my career will be somewhat conducted from a rearguard fire-fighting perspective with regard to my terms. It's not terribly nice but, barring a sea change in global employment law (and it'd have to be pretty global) it's not going to change any time soon.