PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 6th Jan 2012, 09:13
shortfinal737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know some of you are annoyed right now, but seriously if it's something you really want to do you just have to keep trying. I don't know many people who got in on their first try. I can tell you I was stuffed around by Qantas for over a YEAR before they said 'no', got no further than the application stage the first time I applied for Virgin, and then eventually got in. About 3 years all up! Not saying it's "right" or "fair" but it is what it is, so either enjoy the ride or get off. As far as training is concerned not everyone gets through. It's hard! I have a degree, and found the sheer volume of information rammed down your throat really hard to take. But if you study your guts out you'll get there. As far as dealing with trainers you may not get along with, you need to deal with them the same way you would with a passenger on the aircraft... keep smiling and keep your true feelings to yourself! If you can't do that during training, maybe you'll have trouble on the aircraft... and trust me you'll have many days dealing with people who are just plain nasty to you. Sorry for the rant, but it just saddens me to see people getting so negative about the whole thing. If you really want it, and have the personality for it, you'll get there eventually