PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 08:12
osbo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CAP

Thanks for the pointer – strange that such a useful chart isn’t more easily accessible. It gives 02-like perf on 20.

LSM

I don’t for one second doubt your credentials as a performance guru and I’m sure your flight planning is up there with the best too. My reference to your lack of knowledge was solely with regard to 175 performance as used in Flybe today. I intended no offence. I didn’t come here looking for a fight with anyone and I’ve certainly got nothing against the Dash, which has done great things for the company.

I only came out of PPRUNE hibernation to correct the false notion that the 175 is a dog in terms of performance out of SOU. You (unintentionally) gave inaccurate figures in your posts that painted a very poor picture of what the jet could do. You wrongly said that in summer things would be even worse.

Implied in your last post is that you now accept that while the 175 may not be able to travel quite as far out of SOU as the Dash in the winter it will go rather further in the summertime, which is when it matters. Yes, that may change to some degree with the introduction of an EFB in the future, but that’s really not the point – we are talking about the situation today. Reference to operating costs etc are just muddying the waters and a separate topic.

I'll leave it there and slip back into hibernation, I’m sure you’ll want the last word.

Cheers,
O