PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion of Multi-Commercial License (FAA) to Indian CPL
Old 6th Jan 2012, 06:26
varunjay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recency in Seneca!!!

Guys, i need u r help reg. an issue that i am facing rite now. I clrd my exams recently and heading to the U.S for recency. Now I have a FAA CPL (Multi engine only) on a BE-76. The DGCA is nt issuing endorsements on this off late as the C of A of the only Duchess in India has expired. So it means i have to do another 10hrs on a ME that is registered in India. I intend to fly the Seneca.
Now my question is can I log these hrs as PIC as per DGCA and do all the 120, 250, 300 X-cty, 5hr Instrument and the day/night/IR chk within the 10 hrs (all PIC) and do remaining 5 hrs PIC on a C-152 and get my license converted with Seneca endorsement here in India? Again the Seneca will be the only a/c on which I plan to get endorsed on my DGCA license. Pls throw some light on this if anybody has any idea. Or if any of your frdz recently underwent the same issue?
Also do i need to get NOC from DGCA for training in Seneca? Can i fly Seneca I/II and just log as PA-34 in my logbook? Do i need to give any tech exam in India? Any help is highly appreciated.