PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Schooling, is your child primary 1 Sep 2012?
Old 6th Jan 2012, 04:43
CokeZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyingkiwi

I understand your predicament and it not only effects you but everyone else who has tried to enroll their kids in school. Or better yet - has there kids in school.

One thing that everyone seems to miss is the standard of education that is being offered for their kids. The schools are hard to get into but the standard of teaching in HK has fallen dramatically over the last 10-15 years. When a friend of mine was head hunted for a teaching position here 20 years ago the standard was very high. Now-a-days the standard she said has fallen because of limited slots and pay reductions, eroded over time. She left HK a year or to ago because she could not morally accept what was happening to the education system in HK. She was in a private school that had a huge proportion of Ex-Pat kids in it. Little pay increases, longer hours, constantly undermined my the new teachers that had little or no education or teaching experience. (Reminds me of another industry).

Standards in teaching has fallen over time in HK.

I for one have hired a private teacher to education my children. I will be sending to a boarding school overseas to receive a better education when they reach the appropriate age.

Would I leave my job to help my kids get a better education?? Good question. I would take my kids out of HK to get them a better education.

CZ