PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot survives crash into Lake Hume
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 01:14
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa there

WOC – there really was no offence intended. If I intend to offend, you would know it. So whilst I mops up me boots, I'll attempt to explain.

The Ag boys fought well, hard and long for their 'free' status. The Glider guys have for many years enjoyed a well deserved freedom from the authorities clammy paws. RAA is similar and as Jabba says, should be a great deal for all. I have no doubt that the RAA is a sensible, well run and advised operation. Long may it remain so.

My concern is that these groups may loose some of the hard won freedom because of the actions of others. Joe Public only sees a "little" aircraft, in the hands of a dangerous lunatic in a potentially deadly situation. What if this Muppet had hit the boat and killed a couple or three. The lack of skill demonstrated makes it only a matter of luck that he didn't. Next stop the local Polly; "Something has got to be done" they scream. Next stop CASA and that sir, makes life tough for everyone.

I fully realise that it is (and was) almost impossible to stop this type of fruit bat, but this incident should be publicly "seen" for what it truly is, an aberration and certainly not the norm.

So, no not an anti RAA rant at all, just concern over how to stop this sort of thing "seeming" to happen so often that something will be done; official like.

There, boots nice and clean now.