PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 5th Jan 2012, 17:04
Fate Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are you BA pilots so afraid of BMI pilots helping creating a BA Express? Why don't you offer integration of every single BMI pilot into the existing BA contract, including full recognition of their BMI time seniority wise.
On what planet would this even be on offer, raising costs?

LH are a financial disaster zone with Germanwings holding a dire market share while Emirates are eating up the longhaul transfer traffic on which LH survive unlike BA. A disaster second only to AF-KLM - I cannot see that being an example for IAG to follow.

As someone above has said, the decision has been made and we are not in possession of the facts and circumstances that the reps had to face at the time.

This is painful, but it averages down the cost of the workforce over time, doing the opposite of how low-cost airlines tend to actually get more expensive over time.

Those wishing to join BA in the future still have the option of turning down any contract offered, but my sympathies do lie with the folk already in the hold pool, awaiting an offer. This will come as a blow, I know. You'll have to make some serious decisions about whether it is something you can live with.
Thank you: appreciated. Some of us have already resigned jobs to be FPP cadets and are totally over the barrel so to speak.

Last edited by Fate Hunter; 5th Jan 2012 at 17:42.