PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A humble request from a passenger (me) for BA Crew from AUH on the 9th to LHR
Old 5th Jan 2012, 16:14
Worried_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A humble request from a passenger (me) for BA Crew from AUH on the 9th to LHR

Hi to you all,

It may seem a little odd that a passenger posts up here (in fact i do hope this is ok to do...) I have been flying BA almost all my life, and ive always found the cabin staff so helpful and i have a very personal and heart felt request if you all dont mind...

I traveled with my dogs from Canada, using BA to DXB, i think the only thing that kept me sane was being able to inform the cabin crew that i was flying with my dogs and to ask them to please let the pilot know...It was reasuring as a pet owner to know i had the support of the crew to keep what little hair i had left from falling out worrying about my pups.

I am now faced with a dilema, im leaving the UAE, and im faced with a problem, my dogs are flying unaccompanied before i am able to...i have to take them to the AUH cargo and see them off for their 02:30 flight on the 9th!!
I have someone at LHR there to collect them however, its the in between that's causing me to get an ulcer.

If any of you are pet owners, you may (i hope) understand what im going through here, I have no access to you guys on the flight, i cant reassure myself that "phew the pilot knows, and the crew know, ok i can relax a little knowing the hold is at least being monitored for temperature and such"

So, to my small request for any crew members who may be on that flight, please if you would be ever so kind, let your pilot know he has the only members of my family in his cargo hold I have hope in the ground staff will inform him as well, but again i dont know, i cant ask anyone...Ill be sitting in my car in the Cargo parking lot until the flight is gone and i know they were on it, that is all the power i have. So again, IF any crew is scheduled to be on the BA072 on the 9th at 02:35 flying from AUH to LHR, know that hidden away under your feet are 3 packages that mean the world to a VERY VERY appreciative soon to be passenger.