PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What kind of instructor are you?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2002, 00:42
Maximum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot 16

I had an impression there were a LOT of instructors instructing JUST for building hours. Seems like thats not the case
I hate to be nitpicky, but have you seen the results of your poll so far?

Good to see there are instructors who enjoy instructing but also want to work for airlines.
Errmm? I'm obviously missing something here - I thought this was generally regarded to be the problem? Honestly, I'm not being argumentative but 67% of those who responded to your poll either want to or do fly for the airlines. What does that say about people being motivated to be career instructors?

The way I would interpret those results is that the majority of instructors are building hours to get into the airlines, and when they get there, some of them decide to still instruct part time.

As an aside, the airlines I've worked for would not allow instructing on days off, as it interferes with max hours per month, and they weren't prepared to risk me being taken off the flying programme because I'd exceded the monthly max due to some part time flying instruction.

Your poll throws up an interesting question on how we interpret statistical information.

Last edited by Maximum; 21st Nov 2002 at 01:05.