PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2012, 10:26
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hval,
nice post and nice to see that Infra red is on that list and I guess the shallower depths will help with the detection. . The hiding in shallower waters is fraught with risks especially if you loose the ability to protect coastal airspace with your surface to air.

Folks tend to forget just how shallow the sea can be and I am talking English Channel

What are your thoughts on Iran and its ability to lay mines?

Would this be an option as I believe or is it an easily detectable and removable threat?

I dread to think of how many minesweepers we have scrapped in the last two decades but no matter how many, it was too many (In my opinion)

Thanks to one subscriber I am sending my wife off to our local library to see if they stock any of the works by Patrick Robinson.

When questions are asked on this forum it is so pleasing to see the helpful replies that folks readily post. All I am waiting for is a manual on how to build a nuclear weapon

Great forum with lots of really nice folk.

Question
The EU plans on banning the importing of oil from Iran. What would the reaction be if Iran were to lower the price of its oil?

Would OPEC try to block this?

Would the EU stand firm and still boycott the cheaper oil?

Iran has already declared that the boycott by the EU would not have any financial impact on their economy... Do we believe that?

Nice thread
John