PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilots: Is Anybody Interested in Being One? (AVWEB)
Old 5th Jan 2012, 08:57
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j3pipercub

Simple fact of the matter is with all the stary eyed wannabes willing to pay for a RHS gig, T&Cs will continue to drop.
Yep and its something FWA should pull their finger out and outlaw...but then they'd probably get a 10% reduction in dispute calls from Aviation alone.

The other way to look at it, is to consider what the resultant of dog eat dog really is.

Btw, you sound like you would 'settle' for a night freight gig. I'll let you in on a little secret, night freight is aviations best kept secret.
Not quite, but if it was one of the 'conditions' to getting the job, it would get the same consideration of every other T&C presented, and then assessed as a whole.

I recently changed jobs, and had to go through this whole process. They made an offer, (verbally of course) and I put down in front of them what I wanted. 2 companies said no, 1 said yes, and the other 2 have since reconsidered. DOPES

The stary eyed ones, most the kids I feel very sorry for. Their parents, despite having been kicked and spat at by management for eon's have seriously failed them in educating/guiding them on Industrial relations and how not to be behind the rest of the crowd (have we got a soapbox icon here?)

hmmm time to rest my injured hand (gotta love workcover )