PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A330-303, VH-QPA 7 October 2008 - ATSB Report
Old 5th Jan 2012, 08:20
aveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aveng,

Your comments appear to indicate you haven't actually read the report in any great detail...

This one in particular...

Quote:
There was an off button, along with a FAULT light, that was on steady above the Capts head!

is dead wrong.
So your saying the adiru1 fault light was not on? (and if you select it, it says 'OFF'). The eng's that were sent to Learmonth said it was still on when they got there.

Your right I didn't read the ATSB report, I saw more of the raw data and made my own conclusions based on what I know about the A330 and a little study of the maintenance/training manuals. The adiru fault light was on almost immediately, along with the aprox 1sec failure scan rate that was stuffing up the Ecam action list. The supposed lack of response by the elevator came from prim1 handing over to 2 to 3 then to alt law so there was a slight delay - but quite quick when you realise how much the a/c's fly by wire was trying to sort things and comply with pilot input.