PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 5th Jan 2012, 07:48
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And breathe

For all the poolers I just want to say I know this is a daunting time waiting for your place in the company and wondering when it will happen especially with the BMI integration. Getting cross or upset with the current workforce in BA will not help your cause though.
For starters this information we have on this potential merger and the conditions for it to happen have only just been released and is going to be made more clear over the next month. As has been said on here already by some of my colleagues the real fact is that without these new conditions agreed it would appear that BA will have run its course (or at least that is what IAG will have us believe). All new recruits will be into the new operation and there will be no negotiation on the conditions. Rest assured that the pay/pension will be much less, the holiday reduced, higher rostered hours and all the perks and extras will disappear. BA SH will disappear for good and the LH will probably be attacked next. This all centres around the need to make SH profitable against the Loco's.
Again as has already been pointed out, for those of us who have been through the ringer with redundancies and employment uncertainties, BA is still one of the most secure airlines going and this merger will definitely help cement that at least for a while. For me personally, money is important of course it is but, to have some job security and be able to build a life around work is by far and away the best perk of working for BA. For those of you at FR and U2 I know you have security and possibly will not understand my point of view. Not knowing much about FR and U2 I would imagine that there are still more career opportunities for you at BA. Like I say not knowing and will happily be corrected on that last comment.
We are awaiting the next load of info on these potential changes and the merger and will probably be in a much clearer position by the end of this month. Standby for news!