PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 4th Jan 2012, 23:12
Super Stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Left Rudder,

Congratulations on joining the hold pool, I hope you're not left swimming too long.

When you do join and meet the protagonists you will soon realise they care not one jot whether a 40 year pilot old can support his family or not. Nor what is fair and what is not. It's a business decision based on spreadsheets and assumptions, its clinical and in no way personal. The spreadsheets currently show a 20 year old pilot can join, hit £185,000 by age 44 and then stay there for another 21 years. Whether we like it or not they've got a big problem with that.

The letter we have received today makes absolutely clear IAG's intentions. We are voting on a package of proposals which if agreed will mean BMI being intergrated into the BA Opco. We are voting on the package as a whole and individual bits are not for negotiation.

If we vote no, IAG WILL NOT intergrate BMI. BA Express will be born. You will likely never be offered a BA contract. You will be offered T & C's worse than both BA and BMI. All recruitment to mainline will cease.

I have a vote, what do you think I should do?

They hold all the cards this time. They don't need to offer anything in return. Sometimes they just have you over a barrel.

It may be of some consolation but the pensionable pay scales will remain unchanged (24 points). Also continuation of the pilot share plan.

Edit - Crossed with Bitmorerightrudder

Last edited by Super Stall; 4th Jan 2012 at 23:32.