PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil or Military?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 22:07
Excel Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DummyRun,

I have been to a base (2 actually), seen the hardware, flown a Sea King, been for beers with Navy pilots, done my flight aps, done the AIB and had about 5 meetings with the local Navy careers guy. I also have 2 mates at BRNC right now and one who's just finished training as an engineer. This morning the letter came in saying I've made the grade for pilot (January entry). I've also got an offer of a commercial sponsorship.

The reason I asked the question in the first place is to try and get as many viewpoints and as much info as possible since I know there are ex-mil/current mil pilots (as well as civil pilots obviously) who use the site. I believe in getting as much info as possible before making a decision of as large a magnitude as this one, since, as you say, it will be a big chunk of my life.

This is by no means my sole research endeavour, it is, however, a supplement that may make my decision that little bit easier. There is no other medium available by which I can ask the military/commercial question to as many knowledgeable people.

Finally, whatever I choose to do, I will regret nothing, since living in the past or rueing an old decision is a pointless task; nonetheless I’d like to make the right choice in the first place.

Monkey

P.S. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Last edited by Excel Monkey; 21st Nov 2002 at 09:48.