PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 4th Jan 2012, 17:54
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would the changes just be applicable to the new contracts for joining pilots or/and for the interview and sim assessments ?
No idea, I suspect it will be those starting Mar '12 or later.

The details are not 100% clear, after all, only released today and to be voted on. There is only one change affecting only new joiners and it is stretching the pay scales over more years. I'm not going to post the details (someone will I am sure), but it's not hard to work out given the 10yr CRA increase in BA that made the old payscales prety unsustainable

The theory is that BA will be a better place to be employed than the alternative. I can only agree, and have much to thank BALPA for. Were it not for BALPA, then I reckon you'd have found new joiners post Mar '12 not joining "BA", but it's new LoCo LHR subsidiary...

As an aside, given the steep seniority gradient in BA, it will be interesting to see where new joiners and the bmi pilots fit into the seniority list. It might be a particularly inopportune time to delay a start date with BA by 1 week

NoD