PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How bad can it get in cattle class?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 14:52
dfdasein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the originator of this thread. Have just done BRS-AMS-BLL-AMS-BRS with KLM. At bag drop got told to leave head of queue as it was business class (no obvious notice to that effect) and get into economy line. No one there offered place ahead of themselves. Then having progressed to head was called upon to go to where I would have been processed had I not been told to move.

Showed slight irritation but got really mad when I understood, having begged clarification, that because the plane (Fokker 70/100) was going to be pretty full, I would have to leave my "trolley" hand luggage on the ground before boarding and collect the same way at the other end. Now when you are of a certain age and the combinations and permutations of luggage logistics leave your head reeling, that is the last thing you want to be told. Then as you are lining up and about to emerge air-side into the early morning murk an announcement tells you not to leave any valuables in your hand luggage should you be depositing it on the tarmac. Cross pax exchange stories of how they had lost jewellery in similar circumstances.

Happy to report no losses at AMS, and that that one sector was the only one of four on which the separation with luggage occurred. Bags no smaller than my wheelie, perhaps bigger, had been allowed in the cabin on the Fokker.

About a four hour trip each way. Total sustenance from airline: 2x15g "mini nacho chips", 1x20g "mini cookies choc chip and orange". Pretty horrible stuff so small quantities a consolation. One cup tea, 250ml beer. On return: 2x15g of the dreaded corn snacks; but HEY! 2x185ml red Chilean.