PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 09:06
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bast0n much appreciated!

I'm sure I've been labelled an anorak (I've certainly been accused of being a spotter) and worse but, sincerely, I could care less!

It is my hope that on this thread and elsewhere we can preserve (for now) a small sampling of rotary-wing history for posterity and if there are but a handful of Rotorheads who enjoy this .. then that is good enough for me. Those for whom rotary-wing history is of no interest are clear to "Foxtrot Oscar" to another thread!

Yoyo, thanks for joining the discussion. I should just perhaps introduce Yoyo .. he is one of the legion of photographers I regularly pester for permissions to post on PPRuNe. As it happens several of the photographers have PPRuNe accounts by rarely dip-in to the conversation despite the fact that I always encourage them to do so.

On this occassion, celebrated Airliners.net and Air-Britain photograher Mick West (aka Yoyo) who shot G-AXMM in the photo above, has taken-up the invitation and joined our merry band .. welcome.

Thank you too for the very interesting tidbits on several past subjects .. most interesting.

My thanks to everyone who contributes to "Nostalgia" - what will make a good thread 'great' is if more readers contribute their stories of times past.

All are warmly welcome.