PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2012, 00:28
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You kids talk about "passion" and use the word as an excuse, nothing more. There are only 183 pages here explaining everything you ask. And yet some new "passionate" hopeful will within the next 2-3 pages post the exact same questions asked & answered countless times before.

You kids are willing to put more time into a damn Harry Potter book with more than double the pages that this thread has. Such "passion" when it comes to your career and future. You have the same passion for flying as I do a beer during happy hour. It's there, it's available and most importantly it's cheap and easy.

There are only 183 pages to read. Some you'll like, some you won't but it is ALL information about the job, the city, the salary, the career progression, the cost of rent, pollution, inflation, schooling, raising a family, how to update your application, and, and, and, and.....!!!

This iCadetship represents the lowest standards Cathay has ever sunk to - and you're all desperate to be a part of it because you think it is an "opportunity". What does that tell you? When 99% the experienced pilots turn it down or don't even bother to apply you are what is left to line the pockets via profit share and bonuses for management. They are FACTS and I don't care to sugar coat it for you.

You are not there due to your flying skills, because you don't need any. You are not there for your aviation experience, knowledge or credentials because again, the minimum application requirements state you don't need them either. You are there because you are the cheapest option. Nothing more, nothing less. And you're gullible enough to see it as an "opportunity"!!

As I said on another thread, one day a fellow pilot or airline management will stab you in the back, seek to lower the standards further and undercut your salary, terms & conditions yet you'll have the audacity to feel insulted when this is the culture you seek to "passionately" contribute to.