PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Algoa Flight Centre Port Elizabeth Any feedback?
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 22:29
CaptainGondwe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Jesswing's

I did some of my PPL at Algoa in 2009. I ended up leaving because the course was not intensive enough for me to finish in time. Other than that I can tell that all the instructors were extremely knowledgable, having flown in all types of challenging situations throughout the African continent. The weather in Port Elizabeth is very challenging, and in actual fact was a major reason in my decision to leave as half of the time the weather was so bad I could not go flying. The club itself is small, with a very warm atmosphere. Everyone there is very kind and happy to help you. I have nothing but good things to say other than weather and rarely but sometimes aircraft and instructor availability prevented me from flying as often as I could. I ended up going to a pilot factory and received my ppl rather quickly but when I look back I can tell you Algoa does provide a very high quality education at a reasonable price.