PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLMuk/Buzz vote on strike action
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 18:23
Horatio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoooa leftarmover

That's a bit strong isn't it? Go take a chill pill then re-read what A.Viator said. Lot of sense in what he says. Act in haste and repent in leisure. Sitting on the sidelines, without the stress it's easy for outsiders like us to see the wood for the trees, not so easy for you guys that are in the thick of it. I, like he does, sympathise with all concerned; his message was sympathetic but urging caution.

If you personally want to fall on your sword, that's up to you, but don't accept all of your peers to follow suit; they never do. Hopefully, you can find alternative gainful employment, as no doubt A.Viator did. That's his decision, and by the sounds of it, one which he doesn't regret. Hopefully, you will feel the same if you quit.

No-one really wins in these situations, just accept the fact that an airline is a corporate body which doesn't feel pain, humiliation, hurt or anything you can throw at it. Pilots, however, are mere mortals who do get hurt emotionally and physically and most importantly, financialy by what happens. The airline doesn't feel a thing emotionally, albeit you might by collective agreement cause it some financial discomfort; something it will weather in time.

I think an apology to A.Viator would be in order because your post was out of order. If you think I am being condescending, then I pity you, maybe you should find alternative employment. Pilots need to think rationally when faced with what might appear to be a confused and threatening situation. It is what you are trained to do.

A few spellos in the above, I notice. Forgive me if I don't edit to correct. The gist is there