PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: Operations
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 20:04
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. I still find it strange for both engines to have chip issues so close together, perhaps a bizarre co-incidence.

Wrt. PC2e utilization I have no information on that, I did a quick search of the TSB report and safety inquiry reports on 491 and there is no mention of PC2e. Perhaps one for the more learned and informed members of this forum to respond to.

Wrt. fuel QA/QC, again I trust the oil companies and fuel suppliers to ensure that QA/QC within acceptable tolerances is achieved. Using my layman's perspective I would assume that it is cost advantageous to maintain high fuel quality in order to minimize operational wear on the engines as well as maximize operational life.

This specific a/c (call sign KKN) was flying around all weekend most likely on test runs (the airport is quite close to my house and adjacent to the golf course where I walk my dog). I'm heading back offshore soon so will have a chat with the Cougar lads when I'm up at the heliport, they are really good at answering PAX questions.

Safe flying

Max