PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 19:50
FullTanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start of salary payment

MFB
If you feel that some of us were a little harsh upon you since your post #1262, I for one apologise, but you may wish to consider this; flying requires skill, precision and application, amongst other attributes. Several misinterpreted your post due to inaccurate details in your question. It took us back to the early days of this thread when inane questions were asked by those unable to interpret the qualification requirements and/or with appalling standards of written English, grammar or syntax in their various posts.
In answer to your question:
BA FPP website (FAQs)
13. When do I start earning a salary? How much will that be?
The Future Pilot Programme involves completing all flight and simulator training, up to and including the type rating licence skills test (LST), as a cadet pilot and during that time the cadet pilot is not an employee of British Airways, APL or the FTO, and no salary is earned.

As stated above, by Fate Hunter, the LST is completed on the simulator. This will be before Base Training and thus Line Training. No doubt a definitive answer to this will eventually be forthcoming from BA. Certainly when Line Training I would expect that you would be wearing a BA uniform, not that of an FTO cadet. Pre-1999 approximately 30 Line Training sectors were initially rostered; this may have changed in the meantime. 8 weeks for the TR course (Technical training and simulator) seems a reasonable guess. If anyone with more up to date information would care to correct me, please do so.
I hope this goes some way to answering your queries.